Posted on November 06 2017
10. Fit is not a destination—it’s a way of life. Don’t think fitness is just a one-time event. It has to be a lifestyle you choose to live.
9. Running is nothing more than a series of arguments between the part of your brain that wants to stop and the part that wants to keep going. Perseverance, some call it. Even through the pain and difficulty of making drastic changes to your physique.
8. The best way to predict the future is to create it. The next time you resign to fatalism, remember that you are the only one in charge of where you’re going and what you’re going to accomplish.
7. Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. – JFK. Physical fitness is so much more than just working out. Train your body and more importantly, your mind to live a healthy and fit life.
6. Do something today that your future self will thank you for. Think about yourself in one year, in three years, five years. What can you do now that your future self will be grateful you started and sustained?
5. If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done. –Thomas Jefferson. There’s no arguing with that. If you want the best physique you’ve ever had, you’re going to have to work like you’ve never worked before to accomplish it.
4. Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels. It’s easy to give up. With exercise, diet, and everything else. But remembering how it feels to accomplish something great makes it all worth the while, and that feeling is greater than the desire to give up.
3. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started. Think about the things in your life that need changing. And then when you’re on the last mile, think about nothing else than the new self you set out to create.
2. Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most. It’s perspective. Seeing the big picture instead of just doing what feels better in the moment is the stuff discipline is made of.
1. Never say the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon. Neither setting out to accomplish your fitness goals, nor landing on the moon are simple or easy, but they’ve both been done. And they’re both worth it.